How to enjoy a Kitras Art Glass item
We have put together a few tips for the best way to enjoy a brand-new Kitras piece!
- Celebrate the uniqueness. Our glass items are handmade just for you! Accept all of the aspects of the piece that make it unique, even if it looks a little different than the photo on our website. The handmade nature of our glass means that no two pieces are alike, making your item truly one-of-a-kind.
- Kitras Art Glass items are weather-proof and can be displayed indoors or outdoors year-round. However, any item where water can pool, such as the Calico Seed Feeder, should be brought inside before the winter. When pooled water freezes in the seed rest it runs the risk of expanding and thus cracking the glass.
- Kitras glass should only be introduced to the outdoors during warm weather because glass is susceptible to cracking when exposed to sudden, extreme temperature changes. To avoid this issue, we recommend waiting until the frost season is over in the spring before initially introducing the glass to its outdoor location. This will allow the piece to adjust gradually with the seasons. From then on you can leave the piece outside and enjoy your Kitras ornaments outside through the winter months!
- Periodically inspect the hanging medium for an ornament. Whether you choose to hang your Kitras ornament indoors or outdoors, periodically check that the hanging medium is still sound and make any necessary adjustments.
- The tag loop that attaches the story tag to the glass ornament was never meant for long term display. Please find an alternative that fits your space. Use a flexible medium and some materials to consider are: ribbon, fishing line, twine, yarn or wire. Using a flexible material will allow your ornament to spin or sway if it is moved or accidentally bumped, which reduces the risk of the glass hanging loop on top breaking. Be sure to choose a hanging medium that will support the weight of your ornament. For example: fishing line comes in many different weight capacities 5lbs, 25lbs, 40lbs, etc. Make sure whatever medium you choose will be strong and durable enough to suspend your ornament securely for years to come.
- Clean your glass with a soft cloth and water. To clean your Kitras Art Glass item dampen a wet cloth and lightly rub it around the outside of the glass. Do this occasionally when you notice the glass is not quite so brilliant to bring it back to it’s original dazzle.
- ENJOY!!!...and rest assured knowing that the Kitras team is here to answer any other questions or concerns you may have about Kitras Art Glass. Contact email@example.com with any questions or comments.